The Adventures of J.Blaze

Lean wit it, Rock wit it

Monday, August 30, 2004

Of Dogs and Men

Men and their dogs give clues to dating

As founding editor of Animal Fair, a glossy magazine for animal lovers, Wendy Diamond knows a lot about dogs. As a 31-year-old single in the market for a mate, she also knows a lot about dating.

She leashed her two areas of interest together, let them run around the yard for a while, and came up with a guide to men based on their dogs.

“I was with someone for a long time, but once I broke up with him, everyone started setting me up with men with dogs,” she says from her New York office. “The similarities between the men and their dogs were so strong, after like about a dozen or so dates, I got the idea for this book.”

Fetching this shtick and turning it into a finished manuscript required non-stop dating. “I went out with 120 men – about four men per breed for the book,” she says. She focused on 32 of the more popular breeds out there (doing all 150-plus breeds would be more dates than even she could handle).

There is a caveat: “The book works 100 percent, but only if the man chooses the dog.” And there is an equal-opportunity claim: “It works for women, too.” (Diamond is planning to write a guide to women based on their cats.)

Here are some very abbreviated descriptions of Diamond’s findings:
•An Akita man can be domineering, and should be taught to lighten up.
•A bulldog man can be snappy and immature, and may need to learn some table manners.
•A “Dober-Man” is good marriage material and likes kids. He may need to work on tempering his sarcastic tendencies.
•A Labrador retriever man may get into mischief if he’s bored. He likes to spend time outside and needs to be reminded to put on sunscreen.
•A Rottweiler man can be bossy. You must help him to quell his suspicions.

When it comes to a mate, Diamond says any breed can be the right breed. “There’s no bad dog like there’s no bad man; it’s all about how they’re trained.”

*I want to have a Labrador retriever hehe and the description fits me.


4 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger J. BLAZE said…

    both dogs qualify the man as a metrosexual

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was out searching for online dating for men related information, when I landed on your page. J. BLAZE you have some good stuff there. While Of Dogs and Men wasn't exactly what I was looking for I enjoyed the read Thanks. So I'll continue on looking for online dating for men, see you again some time.

     
  • At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greetings Summer is comming to our part of the world, great! I was looking for the latest most up to date information on free dating when I landed on your page, match I can see why I ended up here while looking for free dating great stuff. I'm off to the beach.

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well interesting post. I was looking for info on dating guide for men when I came across your site and while your page wasn't an exact match I was most interested to read what you had to say. I was looking for dating guide for men information. I'll vist your site again sometime.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home