The Adventures of J.Blaze

Lean wit it, Rock wit it

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Towel invention

SCIENTISTS have invented a towel that will not fall down when you wrap it around yourself after jumping out of the shower.

The towel has a rough top edge so it clings on better and elastic inserts to help it stay put.
Designers say in tests it stayed in place while wearers cleaned teeth, brushed hair and put on deodorant — activities that traditionally cause towel slippage.

Skincare experts Johnson developed the towel because their women customers like a “sexy, just out of the shower feel.”

*this leads me to a college dorm story. At Columbia University, I dormed at Shapiro Hall during my junior year. They had women's and men's showers on each end of dorm hallways. As I walked out of my room for a 9 am class (yes, I actually woke up in time for morning classes), a girl from my floor walked out of the bathroom with her towel wrapped around her body and a towel wrapped on her head. She was adjusting the head wrap, when suddenly towel slippage occurred around her body. Lets just say I saw her "friends." This was in the middle of hallway, so I had to turn around and walk the other way like I pretended not to see anything. She screamed slightly, but recovered quickly by covering herself. Needless to say, the next time we saw each other, we didn't make eye contact.

Thank God she wasn't a beast.


1 Comments:

  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger amr said…

    and people thought i was wierd for choosing my housing based primarily on the bathroom situation....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home